Thursday, January 29, 2009

Logo Design


The assignment given to us the second week of school was to determine a name for your project and to design a logo for it. The first step was to pick out three existing theatre logos and to analyze them. We had to ask ourselves the questions: What type of font is being used and what size, what shapes, if any, are being used, what colors are being used and is there a graphic or is it just words?





Then based on our research and analysis we were to design the first draft of our logo. The top logo is a bottle cap since the original Jax Brewery manufactured Jax Beer but it really didn't imply theatre at all so I moved on to the next one which includes a lighting element. I want the design of my theatre to reflect both the elements of whimsical and elegance. The second logo expresses the elegance that I want to convey, while the third logo indicates the whimsical aspect.



With the suggestions given by my classmates and teachers I revised my logo once again and will continue to do so throughout the semester.



My logo thus far:






























































































No comments:

Post a Comment