Thursday, January 22, 2009

Introduction

I am an Interior Design student at LSU and for our senior project we have to propose a design in a building of our choice. The project that I proposed thus far is a multi-use design that includes: A theatre, restaurant, gallery, bookstore and possible education spaces.


The building that I chose for my design is the Jax Brewery located on 620 Decatur in New Orleans. The reason for my proposed design in that I have a minor in theatre and have always been interested in the entertainment industry. Since Hurricane Katrina, all the existing theatre's in New Orleans have not been re-stored. The Jax Brewery is a beautiful building with such interesting elements and architecture, in addition to it's location in the heart of downtown New Orleans.



Right now the building is vacant and for lease. The first through third floors were used for retail spaces while the upper two floors were condominiums. The sixth floor is accessible as a rooftop deck. I want to use the first through third floors to design my theatre, etc. The remaining two floors I will leave as existing condominiums.


































No comments:

Post a Comment